Saturday, January 7, 2012

I want to be in the Navy but something is telling me that maybe I am meant to do something else?

I'm 17 years old and waist-deep in the college admissions process. Obviously, I need to have a major in mind. I have good grades and could probably get into many universities but the problem is I have so many interests! I have been wanting to be a Naval Aviator since I was a young child and am almost done with my application to the Naval Academy. I love aviation and have been planning to major in aerospace engineering for a long time. But I've always had this small feeling in the back of my mind that I am meant to do something other than that, almost like a tiny voice in the back of my head saying that maybe I should use my talents in another field. I have this feeling that I am meant to major in pediatric oncology and use my energy and talents to make a major breakthrough, like I was destined to do something great. Ok I know what I just said sounds like total BS but it's true... I have that "gut feeling". It's not like I have cold feet about joining the Navy; I really really really want to join and have no doubts about that. I'm just so confused... what should I do?

No comments:

Post a Comment